Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie


We love our house but one thing we haven't loved since moving to our present location is our winged neighbors residing in a spot in our portico that is accessible to birds but not to homeowners.  The problem is that, apparently, birds do most of their defecating as they are just exiting or entering their nest. 

As this was our second spring here, I was already aware of the problem but, with the ongoing foul weather, I did not close up the access to the roosting spot before they got in to start their new family.  I'm no tree hugger and I eat my share of red meat but I did not want to entomb any of them so decided that I should wait until the whole family was able to vacate the premises before closing things up.  



So finally, with some lumber and some fill-a-crack, I did this week what I should have done a long time ago - I blocked the avaian access points to the inside of our portico. 

Later on, as we were pulling away from the house, we saw a Mommy or Daddy bird and a couple of fledglings on the roof looking very confused  . . . "Hey! What the?"  Sorry birdies.  If you can't be good neighbors then you get evicted.  I hope you find somewhere nice to live where you can do your thing without causing nice homeowners to have to duck and run every time they cross the steps.  Hasta la vista - birdy!  B

1 comment:

  1. A lot less Crap going on. Word. BIRD BIRD BIRD, THE BIRD HAS THE WORD...

    ReplyDelete